Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life Or Death

Whelp, I have recently surpassed the 400 pound mark so now is probably a good time to start the "Save Dave" initiative. The purpose is to motivate, provide incentive, persuade, agitate, irritate or use what ever means possible to force a long lasting change in lifestyle. Leading to a more confident, healthier, lighter Dave; a Dave that will be able to experience a long fulfilling life with his wife, children, family and friends. I hear its best when creating a goal to share it with people often thus creating more responsibility to follow through with the goal, so here it is. The goal is to lose weight. More specifically I have decided to grow out my beard until I weigh less than 300 pounds. I don't usually wear a beard and I don't particularly enjoy having a beard and so this serves as motivation slash torture to lose weight. It also will serve as a cloak, if you will, for the big reveal. After losing 100 pounds and then shaving off a big beard it will seem like even more of a transformation. I haven't yet planned on how I'll actually lose weight. Probably a combination of eating right, exercise and maybe I'll even dabble in the "secrets to weight loss" category. If you have any suggestions or would like to simply give a shout out in support of the cause, I'd love to hear from you. So leave a comment. I guess that’s a good start. DBF!

7 comments:

Cori said...

I think what you're doing is awesome! I put the phrase "No Excuses!" on my cell phone so I see it constantly. It reminds me that I'm supposed to "break a sweat every day" (words of wisdom from a trainer friend) and make every calorie count. So there is my friendly advice to help you along the journey.

kim said...

Do you remember Arlo? he has his own gym and is a personal trainer.... he could probably help you come up with a good plan at least. I started going up to the roy complex with my sister in law to a weight training class... everyone in the class is over 40. We exercised to Neil diamond yesterday ... my suggestion to you is to find some better music than that to work out to!

Mike said...

Dave! Incase you don't remember me, I work with you and eat with you practically every day. Oh and I'm also your brother. I've developed a slight ponch myself and figure if we both eat better at lunch it will help our weight and our wallets. I'm in bro!

BuiltbyIron said...

it's simple Dave...Don't be a lazy ass!

Go to work and just don't quit. What is The difference between those who are in shape and those who are not??

Those who are not, are quitters!

DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF DBF

Daniels Family said...

We are behind you Dave!

It's Me...shell said...

Good Luck Dave! You can totally do this! Just get the biggest loser Work out videos and you're golden.

Stacie said...

You can do it! Just remember that gaining it didn't happen over night and losing it won't either, but don't give up! You can make it happen!

Followers

About Me

Ogden, Utah, United States