Saturday, April 17, 2010

DBF!

What's the story with DBF? DBF is an acronym which stands for Don't Be Fat. One day I caught myself binging on some very unhealthy high in fat foods. I got frustrated with myself. I didn't even realize what I was doing. It was a comfort thing. So I thought I needed to do something to remind myself not to eat to just eat. I found a permanent marker nearby and decided to write a little message on the side of my index finger so that if I reached for food, boom, there would be the reminder. There isn't a lot of real estate on the side of a finger so the message would have to be direct and to the point as well as discreet. So I came up with DBF, Don't Be Fat! Of course, as people would notice DBF stained on my finger they would ask about it and most of the time I would make something up. You can use your imagination as to what else DBF might stand for. Eventually friends and family started using it as a salutation. "See ya later Dave, DBF!" Or if I was caught splurging, "Dave DBF man!" I have since adopted it as my signature for emails, texts and blog posts. I should trademark it. Make bumper stickers and rubber bracelets. Anyway that's the story. DBF- Dave

2 comments:

The Dahls said...

Hey Dave! Lovin the blog. I think it's awesome that you're doing weight loss publicly! And I love the t-shirts. Congrats on shedding 15! That's awesome! Keep up the good work!

GrOnDeLs said...

HEY DAVE, I think you should blog more! We should get a gym pass.

Followers

About Me

Ogden, Utah, United States